Wile 65 Manual
1. EN Operating instructions
24. Copyright Farmcomp Oy 2010, all rights reserved FARMCOMP OY Tel. +358 9 7744 970 Jusslansuora 8 Fax +358 9 7744 9744 FI-04360 firstname.lastname@example.org TUUS ULA http://www.wile.fi FINLAND 99207173
7. EN Average Grain Adjustment Language Off Controls the average calculation Choose the type of grain/seed. Change your grain calculation to loacl test results Change Language Switch Off Confirm your choice press ON/OFF (OK) 7
22. EN The meter can be cleaned with wet or dry fabric. Do not use any detergents or other strong cleaning substances. Do not put any liquids inside the meter. Keep the meter in a dry place, preferably at room temperature. Prevent the meter from falling and getting wet. 19. Troubleshooting Different readings - Big variations Change Battery Check method of filling the meter Check avg. Is 0 Representative samples Different readings - By the same % Check if there is an adjustment value. 22
11. EN 9.3. Deleting the average memory Go to Average Press OK Press Menu The memory is now empty for the grain selected. A#0 appears on the display. Return to the main menu press ON/OFF . Important! Before new measurments make sure the memory is empty. Remember there is an average calculation stored for each of the 16 11
5. EN 2. Taking the sample 1. Take a representative sample 2. Take samples from different places 3. Take at least 5 samples 4. Remove scrap, green and other exceptional grains. 5. If taking the sample from the drier wait for the temperature compensation OR warm the cup. 6. Calculate the average value of your five measurements. ! Remember moisture varies in different places in the grain drier. 3. Filling the measuring cup 1. F ill the measuring cup ¼ full with grain 2. Gently shake the meter (grains will settle tighter in the measuring cup) 3. Fill the measuring cup to the brim 4. Wipe off excess grain 5. Place on the cap and twist. 6. Tighten the cap until the center of the cap is on the same level as the cap's surface. 5
14. EN Press ON/OFF(OK) Value = C+0.2% Press ON/OFF 10.3. Deleting the calibration adjustment Switch ON Choose Grain Go to Adjustment Pressing Menu Press ON/OFF to get to the Adjustment menu. The scale adjustment value will appear on the display. Now you can delete the scale adjustment Press Menu 14
2. Quick Start Guide Taking the sample 1. Take a representative sample 2. Take samples from different places 3. Take at least 5 samples 4. Remove scrap, green and other exceptional grains. 5. If taking the sample from the drier wait for the temperature compensation OR warm the cup with warm grain. 6. Calculate the average value of your five measurements. ! Remember moisture varies in different places in the grain drier. Filling the measuring cup 1. F ill the measuring cup ¼ full with grain 2. Gently shake the meter (grains will settle tighter in the measuring cup) 3. Fill the measuring cup to the brim 4. Wipe off excess grain 5. Place on the cap and twist. 6. Tighten the cap until the center of the cap is on the same level as the cap's surface. Press ON Current grain is shown Press ON - Test
10. EN The result has been saved. Average value of all the saved results will appear on the display. Don't want to save the measurement – Do nothing Important! Before new measurments make sure the memory is empty. 9.2. Whats saved in the memory Switch ON Go to Average A#5 = Number of results saved for average calculation is 5. 22,6% = the average value of those 5 measurements. Don't want to delete it - press ON/OFF. 10
6. EN 4. Switching the power On The name of the currently selected grain will appear on the display. Press ON/OFF Power will switch off automatically in 30 seconds 5. Switching the power off Press ON/OFF OR Go to the OFF option. Power will switch off automatically in 30 seconds 6. Options of the meter Menu Options; Ext. Temperature Press Menu to scroll down the list of options. Shows External Temperature 6
8. EN 7. Checking/Choosing the Grain/Seed Switch ON Go to Options by pressing Menu, Press Menu until Grain appears on the display. Press ON/OFF (OK) when Grain is displayed. Press Menu until the name of the grain is displayed. There are 16 grains/seeds listed in your meter. Confirm your choice press ON/OFF (OK) 8
9. EN 8. Measuring the moisture content Switch ON Make sure external temperature probe is NOT connected When correct grain is shown Press ON/OFF . The meter will calculate the moisture content. The temperature of the grain will also be displayed. 9. Average calculation 9.1. Saving to the memory. Measure as above. When the result is displayed Press Menu Add average appears. Press ON/OFF(OK) 9
13. EN Press ON/OFF until the needed value is displayed. Press ON/OFF Adds/Deducts 0.1% moisture for each Press. When you are adjusting the result the calibration adjustment value is displayed on the screen, e.g. C+0,2% . C+0,2% = the calibration was adjusted upwards for 0.2 moisture percent. When the correct value is displayed, wait for the meter to go off automatically. Note! This adjustment is specific to the grain/seed chosen, and will be used to adjust any further measurements. 10.2. Display the calibration adjustment Switch ON Choose Grain Go to Adjustment Pressing Menu 13
19. EN Adjustment ). For example, if the specific weight is 10% lower than normal, the meter can show a too low moisture content. Correspondingly if specific weight is higher than normal, the meter can show a too high moisture content. 16. Technical features of the meter Wile 65 measures the moisture content of whole grains and seeds. Wile 65 used together with Wile 651L -external temperature probe (accessory) is suitable for measuring the temperature of stored grain and seeds, hay, compost etc. Technical features of Wile 65 meter: - M oisture read-out for 16 different grains - Alphanumeric display for easy use - Use an external temperature probe - Automatic temperature compensation - Average calculation (99 measuremen s) - Adjustment of the measurement to conform to the result of oven drying as a reference value or to other reference 19
4. EN Operating instructions for Wile 65 1. Preparation for the measurement Important : Wile have spent 50 years developing the calibrations for all the different grains and seeds to give you the most accurate measurements. Results can be affected by, - Not filling the cup properly. - Taking inconsistent samples - Not taking enough samples - New strains of grain - Exceptional growth conditions We recommend before the new harvest season checking the readings of your meter against an oven dried sample. If the measurement result is different from the reference value, adjust the result to conform to the reference value according to the instructions in Adjusting the result If the meter has not been used for some time, follow these steps: 1. R eplace the battery (for more details see paragraph Battery ) 2. R ead the operating instructions 3. Empty and clean the measuring cup 4. C lean the measurement cup with a wood stick or tough brush. 4
15. EN After the scale adjustment has been deleted C0.0% is displayed. Return to main menu Press ON/OFF . 11. Measurement the external temperature Connect Wile 651 L -external temperature probe (Accessory) to the connector at the bottom of the meter. Switch ON Go to Ext. Temperature Pressing Menu Press ON/OFF The temperature of the material appears. Return to main menu Press ON/OFF . 15
23. Declaration of Conformity according to ISO/IEC Guide 22 and EN 45014 Manufacturer’s name: Farmcomp Oy and address: Jusslansuora 8 FIN-04360 TUUSULA, FINLAND declares, that the product Product name: Moisture tester Model numbers: Wile 65 conforms to the EMC directive 2004/108/ EC by following the harmonised standard EN 61326-1:2006 Tuusula, Finland Lasse Paakkola April 2, 2009 Managing Director Original language: Finnish Signed Declaration of Conformity documents are filed at Farmcomp Oy Farmcomp Oy, Jusslansuora 8, FIN- 04360 Tuusula, Finland tel +358 9 77 44 970, e-mail: i email@example.com C ompany ID FI 07308235 Tuusula, Finland
17. EN For a particular manual calibration contact your local dealer. Switch ON Go to Grain Pressing Menu Press ON/OFF(OK) Press Menu until Arbitrary scale is displayed. Confirm Press ON/OFF(OK) Continue to make the measurement as normal You'll see the measurement result Use the manual calibration chart to convert the reference given by the meter to the moisture %. 14. Exceptional result If the measurement outside the minimum and maximum range then you will see <x or >x on the display . x means the upper or 17
12. EN grains/seeds. 10. Calibration adjustment This calibration is used if your conditions change and the meter is constantly reading differently from your local grain dealers equipment. It allows you to make a +/- adjustment to the Wile 65 measurement for all readings of a grain to be consistent with the grain dealers equipment. It should be noted that the Wile moisture meters are calibrated against oven tested samples which are the most accurate. 10.1. Adjusting the result Make the measurement as usual. When the result is displayed Press Menu Adjust + or Press Menu Adjust - appears on the left lower edge of display. Choose the correct adjustment 12
16. EN Note 1: When external temperature probe is not connected to the meter, the temperature, which appears on the display, is the temperature of the meter. Note 2: Always remember to disconnect the external temperature probe before measuring the moisture. 12. Changing the language Switch ON Go to Language Press ON/OFF(OK) Press Menu until the language required is displayed. Confirm your choice Press ON/OFF(OK) 13. Use a Manual calibration When there are grains or seeds not included in the 16 pre-programmed into the meter e.g. Coffee or Cotto, etc. You can still measure the moisture based on a manual calibration. In Wile we have calibrations for over 1000 different grains and seeds used all over the world. 16
18. EN the lower value of the selected scale. If you get <x or >x as a measurement result check if the correct scale is used and always make control measurements. 15. Grain properties The scales of Wile 6 5- moisture meter are developed in accordance with the official methods of definition of moisture content. To develop the scales we use the samples which represent mostly cultivated grain sorts in standard growth conditions. Properties of mostly cultivated grain types can differ from standard grain properties. The main reasons for exceptional grain properties are; - Climate changes - The quality of different types of grain. - Exceptional growth conditions - The electrical properties of the seeds. To avoid this problem use the Adustment option to align the measurement with the reference value (see paragraph Adjustment ). Before the new harvest season we recommend that you check the reading of your meter against an oven dried sample in a grain reception center. If the result is different, adjust the meter to agree with the reference value (see paragraph 18
21. EN Remove the battery from the meter if the device is not used for a long period of time. To ensure the correct functioning of the meter replace the battery when needed. If you suspect a fault in the meter, always test the battery first. Please note, that a battery slowly discharges itself even when the meter is not used. 18. Warranty and maintenance All Wile products carry a 12 month manufacturer warranty for materials and workmanship. The warranty is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase on the receipt. To claim the warranty, the customer should return the defect ive product to the Manufacturer, reseller, or the nearest Wile Service Partner. The warranty claim must be accompanied by the description of the fault, copy of sales receipt and customer's contact information. The manufacturer / Wile service partner will repair or replace the defective product and return it as soon as possible. The liability of Farmcomp is limited to the price of the product in maximum. The warranty does not cover any damage that is caused by incorrect or careless use of the product, dropping the product or damage that is caused by repairs that are carried out by non- authorized personnel. Farmcomp does not accept any responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential damages that are caused by the use of the product or the fact that the product could not be used. The meter does not require any special service. 21
3. CONTENTS: 1. Preparation for the measurement ........ 4 2. Taking the sample ................................ 5 3. Filling the measuring cup ..................... 5 4. Switching the power On ....................... 6 5. Switching the power off ........................ 6 6. Options of the meter ............................. 6 7. Checking/Choosing the Grain/Seed ..... 8 8. Measuring the moisture content ........... 9 9. Average calculation .............................. 9 9.1. Saving to the memory. ...................... 9 9.2. Whats saved in the memory ............ 10 9.3. Deleting the average memory ......... 11 10. Calibration adjustment ..................... 12 10.1. Adjusting the result ........................ 12 10.2. Display the calibration adjustment 13 10.3. Deleting the calibration adjustment ............................................................... 14 11. Measurement the external temperature ............................................ 15 12. Changing the language .................... 16 13. Use a Manual calibration .................. 16 14. Exceptional result ............................. 17 15. Grain properties ............................... 18 16. Technical features of the meter ........ 19 Technical features of Wile 65 meter: ...... 19 17. Battery .............................................. 20 18. Warranty and maintenance .............. 21
20. EN value (use Adjustment -function). - Quick guide to the measurement on the side label of the meter The meter shows the material moisture content in weight %. Measurement is based on the alternating current resistance (capacitance). The measurement repeatability is +/- 0,5% moisture or better. Moisture measurement range: grain and seeds 8-35% oil seeds 5-25%. (for more information see the package box). Temperature measurement 0-60°C : Method of moisture content definition is based on the technical specification: grain ISO 712 , oil seeds ISO 665 and corn ISO 6540 . Our method to sample the grain is based on ISO 950 standard and while handling the samples we follow ISO 7700/1 and ISO 7700/2 standards (ISO = International Organization for Standardization). 17. Battery The meter runs on a 9V battery of the type 6F22 or a similar alkaline battery. Some batteries are lower quality and their poor performance can affect the meter. The meter gives a warning about the low battery voltage with Battery low -text. The battery cover is located on the bottom of the meter. Open the cover by pushing the locking lever over the battery symbol and replace the battery. 20
- 101 Total Views
- 74 Website Views
- 27 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 4 www.grainland.com.au
Wheatheart GULP Brochure356 Views .
Suntop Wheat Fact Sheet166 Views .
Winter Crop Variety Sowing Guide 2015165 Views .
Kohler CH18 -CH750 Service Manual149 Views .
Batco 1500 - 2000 Operation Manual148 Views .
Bayer Jockey141 Views .
Elmore CL Plus Fact Sheet138 Views .
Crop Circle Price List128 Views .
Farm King 61 foot Conventional Auger Manual127 Views .
Tri-Power126 Views .
Auger Belt & Sprocket Sizes126 Views .
Honda GX630 GX660 & GX690 Manual123 Views .
Wheatheart 10 & 13" Swingaway Auger Parts List122 Views .
Weed-control-in-winter-crops-2014121 Views .
Batco Field Loader Operation121 Views .